“Reclaim Your Health for the Kingdom”
I was asked to be a keynote speaker at the Assemblies of God headquarters in Springfield Missouri. My message was challenging the denominational leaders to get on the road to health. This talk is filled with practical suggestions on how to get physically healthier. It is one of my most popular keynote message topics.
A message on developing healthy habits by keynote Ricky Van Pay.
Keynote Speaker on Health Transformation
As a keynote speaker, my goal is to share brilliant and interesting ideas in the most engaging way possible. Let me tell you a little bit more about me and my approach to keynote speaking.
- I spend most of my time writing about health tips based on proven research and personal experimentation. In my messages, I share the best strategies I have found for developing healthy habits, breaking bad ones, and health transformation.
- I love storytelling and I’ve written hundreds of interesting articles about how to experience health transformation. My messages are filled with the same engaging storytelling as my writing.
- My top skill as a keynote speaker is taking complex topics and making them simple and practical. In each talk, I’ll lay out a theology of health, explain human behavior, and provide very simple practical ways to get healthier.
- My ideas have been tested by a wide range of people. Many people have read my articles and many subscribe to my weekly email newsletter. Thousands of people follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- I teach ideas that I have tried myself. I am continually working on my own health habits as a coach, productivity habits as a writer, and on my exercise habits as a fitness enthusiast.
Over the past 15 years, God has given me the opportunity to speak to thousands of people — from teenagers to senior adults at retreats, conferences and services across the country.
I speak on a variety of topics, including the following common themes:
- Reclaim Your Health: a theology of health and my personal experience of losing over 80 pounds
- You’ve Been Punk’d: overcoming Satan’s temptations
- The Race: spiritual vs. physical endurance and my personal experience of finishing two Ironman’s
- One Man’s Climb up the Mountain: a personal story of my own in dealing with suffering and how it purified my soul
What to Expect
If you book me to speak at your event, here’s what you can expect:
- A carefully tailored message. While I have several tried and true sermons and presentations, I will work hard to make sure the message is appropriate for your group and fits your style.
- Clear communication on the front end. I will listen to your needs and expectations.
- I’ll come prepared based on our discussions.Notes, slides and relevant materials. I’ll send all assets in advance so you or your team can have everything in time to stick to your normal routine.
Interested in hiring me for your event? Please fill out the form below to start the conversation.
Keynote Speaker Request Form
I am available for keynote speaking engagements around the nation. Interested in scheduling me for your event? Please fill out the form below to start the conversation.
Testimonials and Celebrations
Lead Pastor, Crossroads Church
“We recently had the Ricky Van Pay come to Crossroads Church and speak to our congregation regarding “Your Body Matters” and had a coaching clinic on Sunday evening. In our area of Seguin, TX where obesity is ranked 7th in the nation, it would be irresponsible for me not to address this subject in a scriptural and sensitive manner. Therefore, Ricky was the one God would use to help us launch this subject with authority and care. His delivery on Sunday morning was scripturally sound, and very palatable for every age group. His personal story made this attainable for me personally. “One telephone pole at a time”. That, I can do and many others in our congregation have begun this journey with our staff. I recommend Ricky to come to your church and speak on this vital subject. He is sound, sensitive, and when you take the time and meet him, he is very serious about his mission. We talk about everything else but we hardly ever hear teaching from a platform or pulpit in any church about the importance of the body.”
John Van Pay
Lead Pastor, Gateway Fellowship
“The investment Ricky made into our Gateway family will help us make a greater Kingdom impact in our community because we will be healthier. I also believe so many of our church family will live longer and have a greater quality of life. Thank you Ricky for customizing a plan that fits us. Your teaching was the kick in the pants and encouragement we all need to hear! No one talks about this stuff, but should. I’m grateful you are that voice. The clinic was practical. The individual consultations will be a catalyst for their healthy lifestyle.”
Lead Pastor, Real Life Church
“For a topic that is very sensitive to discuss in this world and is almost never talked about in churches. I was very impressed how Ricky loved on our church in the area of fitness. To quote a member of our church…it was like we had “Jesus with a shaved head” speak to us about this touchy subject. He did not judge or make anyone feel out of place…instead he gave scripture and allowed it to gently speak to our hearts. Ricky has helped Real Life Church take a step closer in becoming a church that yearns for God in ALL areas of our lives. Pastors, I challenge you to do the same.”
Lead Pastor, Parker Christian Center
“We had Ricky speak to our congregation about “Loving the Lord with all of your strength/body.” We heard one of the most important messages that can be preached in our culture. You can talk to him about doing a clinic for your church that addresses the needs of physical fitness, etc. Pastors, you can trust Ricky to come in and treat the pulpit with integrity and teach on a sensitive topic with passion and biblical truth, all without condemnation. He was very pastoral as he effectively challenged our church and touched us all with his stories, humor, use of scripture, and practical ways to “love God with our strength/body” The congregation clapped when he was done. He really connected with ALL of our folks. I’m grateful Ricky brought his passion for God and the body of Christ to us.”
Lead Pastor, Freedom International
“Recently Ricky Van Pay shared his testimony with our congregation. He seamlessly fit into a series entitled “Just Breathe…”. The first week’s theme dealt with the mind, the second touched on the soul, and then he shared on the body in week three. This is usually a tough subject to broach but he handled it with aplomb. Sharing his own past struggles with weight, including pictures, put everyone at ease. There was no condemnation as he lovingly shared God’s concern for our bodies so that we can fulfill their purpose for our lives. Many of our members and adherents met him for personal consultations and gave glowing reports. A Sunday afternoon clinic proved to be a wise choice as witnessed by the healthy attendance. Two groups have since formed that are putting Ricky’s principles to work. If you need an inspirational message for your church that has strong scriptural backing, then you would benefit from having Ricky speak. He is extremely easy to work with and will eagerly make himself amenable to your people. We look forward to his return to Freedom Fellowship.”
Lead Pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
“Pastors & Leaders, if you want a 5-star day of ministry at your church, you must have Ricky Van Pay come speak and encourage your people! His impact at New Destiny was dynamic! Your people will be stirred by his challenge to make better health & fitness decisions, and he will deliver that message with the perfect combination of Scripture, gentleness, personality as well as personal experience. He is certainly a pioneer as he will carry this critical “life-giving” message to pastors and churches. We are proud to support him in prayer, finances, and access to our people! I encourage you to do the same!”
Lead Pastor, Highway Community
“In sixteen years of pastoring, I have yet to hear a message so balanced and so filled with grace on the topic of physical fitness then when we hosted Ricky Van Pay during a Sunday morning service. Our members were challenged in a new way to care for their “temple” while not not swinging too far into the ditch as some do toward self-worship. I value the experiential knowledge that was conveyed by Ricky and look forward to the next time he gets to come speak to our church.”
Ready to chat? Click here to fill out the keynote speaker request form.