Just wanted to encourage you today as you continue to move forward in your health journey. Some of you are FULL THROTTLE hitting workouts, others are dialing it in on your nutrition using Lose It, others have taken a million steps for bragging rights on your Fit Bit, and others are still swamped with summer ministry and haven’t had an opportunity to really get into a rhythm yet. It’s all good we all have our own journey in this.
I just wanted to share some words of advice regarding your goals. A lot of you have really general ones like lose 25 pounds, or run a 5K, or develop healthy lifestyle. These are great but I’d like to challenge you to break that up into chunks. Think habits, disciplines, or practices. Before you develop habits you’ve got to start with actions or practices.
Here’s what I mean in relation to your body being a vehicle and putting air into four tires.
- This week I will average 7 hours asleep each night
- This week I will get in two naps
- On Saturday I will unplug from all technology and truly take a Sabbath
- On Monday and Thursday I will do ten more sit-ups than I did the last week
- This week I will do 3 lift sessions for 45 minutes each
- This week I will focus on FORM
- I will take 10,000 steps this week
- I will run for 3 miles on Tuesday and I will run 1 mile on Thursday
- Each night I will set aside my workout clothes for in the morning
- Every day this week I will log my food intake into Lose It or My Fitness Pal
- I will eat one piece of fruit every day
- I will drink water every morning before letting myself drink coffee
So what do you think? What are some new healthy practices you can begin to implement?